Sunday, May 8, 2016

Gratitude day #14 - crunching numbers and more hope

The good news of the day- and possibly of the year, is that nursing school is within reach and living expenses will be covered if all goes well!! I am feeling very hopeful! I know the negative voice in my mind that tries to sabatoge things says "don't get your hopes up, something bad will happen, or likely will and you will be disappointed."

Josh tells me to tell that voice to take a hike. That we have paid our tithing and we will be very blessed for it. Have hope and have faith. Even if it doesn't work out as planned, that's okay! I trust that there is a better option awaiting us.

Key right now is learning to recognize the holy spirit. !!!!
Need to pray and pray and pray some more for it.

The home we are looking at is on Bald Knob Road and is on some land. The house seems to need lots of updating, however... So that's the issue. I'm not sure id want to buy unless we got it for a really good deal. But it's in an ideal spot! Near to my parents. And 2 miles into town.

We could own chickens, and animals! Have a garden, grow thjngs. It also has a pool. So, it is something to think about.

Anyways, crunching numbers today for cost of living for 2 years while josh is going to school. I figured out that if josh kept his job we would get by with living expenses and possibly even his college debt! May not need to take out loans, either.. Plus he may get help with paying for his nursing if he worked full time .

It was a huge relief to know that his job would help us cover most of everything. A loan may happen for a couple thousand but we can figure it out. We definitely need to get a cheaper home too.

Well here is my 10
1. Going to visit my grandparents and Donna, for all the many many things that they got us! And Isabel and baby. Huge blessing! She found a Noahs ark bedroom set. Clothes. Toys. The works! So grateful!!
2. My Mom, all she does for me and all the service she gives me . watching Isabel. Washing my clothes. Helping me clean my own home. She's always available and there for me.
3. Crunching numbers and figuring out what we need to do financially to make this work (college), and a home.
4. Finding the home on Bald Knob Road , it gives us hope that we can find what we need and land included.
5. Sleeping in till 9 , and Isabel not waking up.
6. Foot massage from Josh :)
7. Success with my first meal in my month of meal plans! I get excited to cook when I have a plan. It was healthy too...
8. For Isabel's protection... That she hasn't been seriously hurt yet!
9. Exciting future plans. Being able to look forward to the future in hope not in fear. Being able to have a reassurance that God is guiding us and that we are being led. I know that as long as I keep the commandments I will be safe and protected.
10. My companionship with my husband. That we both desire the same things, and that he desires to change and improve his life. His love for the gospel and all the service he gives me and all the help he offers me. For providing. For playing. For being my comfort and my protector. I pray that the Lord will bless him for all he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment