Thursday, May 5, 2016

Gratitude day #12 - Finding my voice

 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. - Moroni 10:5

I wanted to post this on Facebook but I figure not to cast my pearl before swine and instead voice my opinion here.

The voice of the spirit is the thing that is leading me and guiding me. It has taught me my worth. It has reminded me of my purpose and shown me my gifts. It is melting away the shame.

Perhaps this is the cause of opposition in my life. As I grow and mature and as my abilities mature I am met with opposition on all sides, from those who would have things stay the same. From those who feel threatened by the authenticity by which I strive to live. Because I am throwing off many of the chains which bind me, my vibration is changing and I am calling forth all the unauthentic identities in my life. I am shedding old skin. I am calling forth new powers. I am birthing a new life.

Abilities are to see things differently. To see the peculiar way in which the Lord works. I can see it. I can see it plainly. I am drawn to the truth. I do not mean to boast, but I say this so that I can begin to feel comfortable in my own skin and acknowledge my strengths. I have a pure heart. The Lord told me and I felt it was true as he confirmed this to me. My heart aches to hear this from my God and Father. To be recognized as good! To be told I am sure hearted means the world to me....when my whole life I have been burdened by a overwhelming sense of shame. To know the TRUTH and throw out the lies! To recognize how wrong I've been about myself. I have no evil intent in me. I have no meanness in my heart. I have nothing but love to give the world, and nothing but compassion to share.

I've hardened my heart over time and have turned bitter because I have been born into this cold world, a world that simply doesn't understand or comprehend my intentions. It won't acknowledge my voice. I see that it has crippled me. It has turned me into someone I'm not. I have not felt myself since I came to this world. It is no joke.

Heavenly Father knew how impressionable I was to come down here and enter into hardship where my heart would be trampled on and my love would be ignored. He knew I'd retreat into myself. But this doesn't make me bad. This doesn't make me worthy of the guilt and shame I have been carrying.

I have a voice!! It speaks powerfully in and through me. It is a gift and a voice of the spirit. I am not going to be afraid to anger people anymore. I am simply going to speak when I felt called to do so.

Well it's late so here's my 10

1. Hiking at cove springs
2. Shirts from cheapskates, new ones!/cute ones!
3. Uninterrupted sleep
4. Throwing rocks in the creek in our backyard with Isabel.
5. The love I feel for my daughter. D
6. Recognizing my gifts and realizing my worth.
7. My ability to speak up when something isn't right. Even if I get a lot of backlash for it.
8. Time to talk about our life and our life plans while on our hike.
9. Promptings from the spirit.
10. Learning that it is not a good idea to live with my parents. Not a good enviornment for me to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment